Future Leaders on the Move!
The USBLN® engages with college students and recent graduates with disabilities through its Student Advisory Council (SAC) and the Career Link Mentoring Program, which is funded through grants from the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation and the Walmart Foundation. We are thrilled to share the following updates from these futures leaders:
- Nate Finch, SAC Alumnus & 2013 Vice Chair, is working for the Boston Children’s Hospital as an Administrative Service Rep in the Developmental Medicine Department.
- Alec Frazier, SAC Member and 2014 BLN Affiliate Liaison, just published his first book, a literature review of the adventures of the first super hero with autism. For more information, see Alec’s website – www.nothingaboutuswithoutus.net/my-publications and be sure to check out www.facebook.com/withoutfearautism.
- Shelia Kington, 2013 Career Link Mentee, along with her classmates at the University of California-Long Beach, created a disability awareness and accessibility compliance video, “Just Ask Me.” This video can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcIEpgwypbY&feature=youtu.be.
- Kyle Manske, 2014 Career Link Mentee, SAC Member and 2014 Secretary, just secured a summer internship with the Milwaukee Zoo as an Audit Intern and will be responsible for the accuracy of receipts written and cash collected. He will also assist in creating a new internal inventory control system. Kyle has also been selected to attend the Marketing EDGE Interactive Marketing Analytics Xperience (I-MAX) program located in New York City in June. He will attend seminars focusing on Big Data and marketing analytics and gain insights on the acquisition and development of customer data, as well as network with some of the top marketing executives and students in the world today.
- Elizabeth O’Neal, 2013 Career Link Mentee, is now a Compensation Benefits Leader at Mazuma Credit Union.
- Marcus Tuck, 2013 Career Link Mentee, recently accepted a position with Lowe’s Distribution Center as an Operations Coach (Supervisor).
- Ashley Yi, 2013 Career Link Mentee, recently accepted a position with CBS Radio as a Promotion Assistant. She will be representing CBS Radio at various events to market all its stations, manage on-site activities and engage with listeners. She will serve as the brand ambassador for CBS Radio’s sponsors and clients.
- Linda Zhao, 2013 Career Link Mentee, was promoted to Senior Administrator at the Port Authority of NY & NJ.
Disability:IN reveals new research that says millennials want disability inclusion
[Download PDF version]
USBLN – A Leading Nonprofit for Disability Inclusion – Rebrands to Disability:IN, Publishes Survey Data on Millennial Job Priorities
Survey shows millennial employees prioritize diversity and inclusion when selecting, remaining at jobs; yet only half believe their employer is committed to hiring, retaining people with disabilities.
126 Major Businesses Rated “Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion”
Fortune 1000 Corporations are recognized as a part of the 2018 Disability Equality Index (DEI) and honored as the “Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion”.
5 Ways to Participate in Global Accessibility Awareness Day #GAAD
On May 17th, the USBLN will be celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). GAAD was established to create awareness and generate conversations about accessibility, specifically web accessibility, for people with disabilities.
USBLN Facilitates Over 8,000 New Hires with Disabilities Through Going for the Gold Program
Through the Going for the Gold (GFG) program, the USBLN is aiding 20 Fortune and Global 500 companies achieve the “gold standard” in hiring and fully including individuals with disabilities in their workforces.