USBLN Hands out Top Leadership Awards at Annual Conference
Winners include Microsoft, AT&T, Wells Fargo, IBM and Capital One
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 2, 2015) – The US Business Leadership Network®(USBLN®) presented top awards on September 30, 2015 during the annual conference Leadership Awards in Austin, Texas. Recognition was given to six companies, an individual and an affiliate network for their outstanding commitment to and work in the disability inclusion community.
This year the USBLN expanded the Marketplace Innovator of the Year category to include two awards, one for a disability inclusive advertisement and one for product development.
The eight 2015 USBLN Leadership Award categories and winners are:
- The John D. Kemp Leadership Award – Oswald “Oz” Mondejar, Senior Vice President, Mission and Advocacy for Partners Continuing Care, non-acute care services division of Partners HealthCare, Boston, Massachusetts
- Affiliate of the Year – Wyoming’s Uinta County Business Leadership Network
- Advocate of the Year – Supply Chain Inclusion – Capital One
- Supplier of the Year – Mark Ellson, Founder and CEO, Jemni, Inc.
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses – IBM
- Marketplace Innovator of the Year, Disability Inclusive Advertisement – Wells Fargo & Company
- Marketplace Innovator of the Year, Product Development – AT&T
- Employer of the Year – Microsoft
Three new BLNs Added to the USBLN Affiliate Network since July 2017
This summer has seen landmark growth in the USBLN local Affiliate Network that spans the nation in 43 sites over 30 states! Now that the USBLN Conference is over, connecting locally with these BLNs is a way to take to the same type of around disability inclusion education and training from Orlando and spread it across your corporate footprint.
Recap: USBLN Annual Conference and Biz2Biz Expo
As a little person who attended the conference for the first time this year, I was moved by so many speeches throughout the conference. Attendees got real and shared some of their most vulnerable stories, which were relatable. Most of all, I got to be myself without having to worry about people’s perceptions.
USBLN Recognizes leaders in disability inclusion with 2017 Leadership Awards
Washington, D.C. (August 25, 2017) – On Wednesday, the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN®) presented top awards during the annual conference Leadership Awards Dinner in Orlando, Florida. The Leadership Awards celebrate outstanding commitment and leading disability inclusion practices.
USBLN in Inc. Magazine: Why More Tech Companies Should Hire People With Disabilities
While people with disabilities still remain largely underrepresented in the work place, especially in technology, companies are starting to see the importance of disability inclusion. A recent article published in Inc. Magazine cites encouraging data that suggests corporate attitudes are shifting.
USBLN in USA Today: More Businesses Are Opening Up To People With Disabilities
A recent article published in USA Today reports businesses are becoming increasingly accessible to people with disabilities. The 2017 Disability Equality Index (DEI), a survey conducted by the USBLN and the American Association of People with Disabilities, supports the data.