USBLN Hands out Top Leadership Awards at Annual Conference
Winners include Microsoft, AT&T, Wells Fargo, IBM and Capital One
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 2, 2015) – The US Business Leadership Network®(USBLN®) presented top awards on September 30, 2015 during the annual conference Leadership Awards in Austin, Texas. Recognition was given to six companies, an individual and an affiliate network for their outstanding commitment to and work in the disability inclusion community.
This year the USBLN expanded the Marketplace Innovator of the Year category to include two awards, one for a disability inclusive advertisement and one for product development.
The eight 2015 USBLN Leadership Award categories and winners are:
- The John D. Kemp Leadership Award – Oswald “Oz” Mondejar, Senior Vice President, Mission and Advocacy for Partners Continuing Care, non-acute care services division of Partners HealthCare, Boston, Massachusetts
- Affiliate of the Year – Wyoming’s Uinta County Business Leadership Network
- Advocate of the Year – Supply Chain Inclusion – Capital One
- Supplier of the Year – Mark Ellson, Founder and CEO, Jemni, Inc.
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses – IBM
- Marketplace Innovator of the Year, Disability Inclusive Advertisement – Wells Fargo & Company
- Marketplace Innovator of the Year, Product Development – AT&T
- Employer of the Year – Microsoft
These Diversity & Inclusion influencers recommend your company use the Disability Equality Index…here’s why.
USBLN asked corporate partners and strategic alliances: “Why should a corporation take the DEI?” The responses flooded in. From Ed Mackey, Executive Vice President, Global Operations, Boston Scientific to Senator Ted Kennedy Jr., we heard why the DEI is important to their efforts and why your company should register too.
Top Reasons to Register for the 2018 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Survey
Participating in the DEI will leave your organization walking away with new ideas, new insights, and new methodologies to help take disability inclusion to the next level.
USBLN Statement on International Day of Persons with Disabilities
Written by Jill Houghton, President and CEO of USBLN Today we celebrate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, that was first proclaimed in 1992 by the United Nations General Assembly. While much has been accomplished, more remains to be done to make the world truly inclusive. This year, the theme is “Transformation towards sustainable […]
Champions of Diversity by Diversity Plus Magazine
Each year Diversity Plus Magazine celebrates “Champions of Diversity.” These are the people who have driven diversity in corporate supply chains and workforces.
USBLN Proudly Sponsors A Breakthrough Report On Disabilities And Inclusion From The Center for Talent Innovation
As many as 30% of full-time, college-educated professionals in the U.S. have a disability. That’s the finding from a first-of-its-kind study published today by the Center for Talent Innovation (CTI), and sponsored by the USBLN.